Hegel and the Enlightenment
About this Conference
This conference was held in conjunction with the Hegel Society of Great Britain.
Location: Pembroke College, Oxford
Date: 2 - 3 September 1996
- Stephen Houlgate (University of Warwick): 'Hegel's Critique of the Triumph of "Verstand" in Modernity'
- Robert Pippin (University of Chicago): 'Hegel on Historical Meaning: For Example, "The Englightenment" '
- Norbert Waszek (Universit Paris VIII): 'Hegel and the Historical Throught of the Enlightenment'
- Katrina Deligiorgi (University of Essex): 'Dissatisfied Englightenment'
- Terry Pinkard (Georgetown University): 'Enlightened Romanticism? Hegel's Reception of the Enlightenment'
- Robert Wokler (University of Manchester): 'The Enlightenment at Dusk'
Dr R. Stern, Dept. of Philosophy, Univ. of Sheffield, S10 2TN
- Tel. (0114) 282 4605
- E-mail: email@example.com